Monday 30 July 2007

NEWS FLASH

Jambo,

well I have done it, at last I have seen the light and decided that my quality of life would be so much better living off site from Scann.

Mentally I need to space from the politics and staff wrangling! I am in a temporary 'house'....... um that is a very loose word for it, it is one room, no loo, no water but it has electricity and it is somewhere to dump my things until I find somewhere else. I looked at a place yesterday that someone was just moving out of, it has large bedroom, lounge, kitchen, toilet and bathroom, minus bath (just sink for washing) and it costs 30 GBP a month going back today to speak to the manager. It is in a secure walled and gated compound where there are about 12 units all are clean and well looked after and the bonus is the matatu stops right outside the gate.

It will be nice to have some freedom and resort to having some quality time, I want to go back to Swahili lessons and do more bead work with Ruth, also to have some sort of life would be good. I am still going to Scann but not sure how long that will last as Management have decided that as I am not dealing with staff issues I am not doing what they want so they may not want me there at all. At the moment I am coming and going as normal, the boys still like me being around and am busy producing beaded cards to sell in shops. Mentally I am more at peace although living conditions where I am is to say the least basic but the rewards of peace of mind are now outweighing the drawbacks, besides living so basically really does make you realise how lucky we are.

Sorry it was only a short one today just to keep you updated, will let you know if I get any more news. Love to you all, Susannah xxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment