Thursday 19 July 2007

I made it to the internet and it was working

Hi Everyone,

I am so sorry it has been so long......... unfortunately the chest infection went on far too long and knocked me for six...... luckily I am now almost completely recovered, other than being so tired all the time and occasional coughing fit to clear the tubes!!

The shamba now is a real shambles, as haven't done anything to it since I was unwell, all the beans have been harvested and the squash is still growing, although so are the rampant weeds! I cant remember the last email that I sent, I have been so frustrated that any time I managed to get to the internet it was either down or so slow I couldn't send an email.

Today I walked into town (30 mins) as I walked to get a boda boda with the only 20 bob in my hand I was chatted to by a lovely boy of about 7 called Paul, he had just finished school for the afternoon and asked if he could walk up the road with me. As he was only 7 I thought it would be OK....... he chatted very politely and told me what he had been doing at school today, what I was doing in Kenya and where I came from, he wants to be a doctor when he grows up, and if his character is anything to go by he will be a good doctor. I gave him my 20 bob to get some treats and wished him well, so I ended up having to walk, but I enjoyed the exercise anyway.

The weekend was a busy one as the acrobats attended the Nakuru Show an annual event that I went with them to last year. I was pleased to see that on this occasion I was not the only white person there..... there were two guys on a stand promoting solar heating for water, nice men in kilts.... one Scot and the other South African, they decided they wanted to do something to attract attention....... hence the kilts. My boys wanted to know why the men were in skirts, took alot of explaining!!! The day was great the sun shone and I burnt my nose, still crunchy now! Ok well, I will love you all and leave you now as must get back to the ranch, I know I will have a Q of boys tonight waiting for a hair cut as I turned them away at 9pm last night, couldn't see anything...... would have been a bad cut! Take care all of you and be happy. My next email may a very interesting one!!!!! Susannah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment